Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: MoNoLith- Byakuya

Tracklist
1. ......at the colorless earth
2. Byakuya


.....at the colorless earth- Despite it's intriguing title this is your basic throw away intro track........a little music, some crashing waves and what not.......I don't really care. NEXT!!!

Byakuya- I'm just going to say straight up, I don't like MoNoLith's music very much. I've listened to several different songs on numerous occasions and I just can't seem to get into them. However, this song is impossibly amazing!! And has obviously outshined any and all expections I had for the band in general. The mixture of singing and screaming vocals is brilliant, even the spoken lines are well placed, there is definitely a benefit to having two vocalists here. There is so much passion, and life and expression coming from and put into this song, and I really enjoy when music makes me feel something. It's a much better alternative to being nonplussed. And in case you didn't know, byakuya is translated as "white night" or "short night". *Hints toward the PV set up*
My favorite part: the vocal climax of course, from 4: 30 to 5: 04.


My Grade: A+, 5/5

I decided to not even include the first track in my grade, it's pointless to grade something I should be playing to help me sleep, so this only includes Byakuya.


No comments:

Post a Comment