Friday, November 4, 2011

Miyavi vs. Ozzy

Shelter is one of my favorite songs off of the "What's My Name?" album, but I noticed quite a while ago that there was something very familiar about this song. And after I went to see Miyavi in Chicago, I happened to mention to the person who went with me that the guitar riff sounded like something I'd heard before and she agreed with me. We had a whole discussion on the ride home about what the song sounded similar to, at the time we were unable to figure it out, but I knew it was something I'd heard a million times. So, it's honestly been on my mind this entire past week and I finally figured it out.

The guitar riff to Miyavi's Shelter is not exactly alike, but extremely similar to, the guitar riff from a very popular American classic rock song, which you may have heard of, called Crazy Train by Ozzy.

This is just an observation. And in no way hinders my like of Miyavi nor Ozzy.
What do you think? Similar or not?


No comments:

Post a Comment