Monday, November 8, 2010

Review: Sadie -Toge- (Single)


Tracklist:
1. 棘-toge-
2.  GREEDY EMOTION
  3. 棘-toge- (Instrumental)
4. GREEDY EMOTION (Instrumental)








First, I wanna say that I don't think this single is really up to par with their other releases. I usually highly approve of Sadie's music, I even really liked their last single Cry More, but to me -Toge- seems almost a little boring in comparison. I do enjoy the very beginning of the song with the fluxuating electronic sound as Mao sings. He has an interesting voice so I've always found Sadie's music intriguing. And this is appealing in it's own way, actually the more times I listen to it the more I like it. I also quite like the appearance of the piano and high background vocals about three minutes into the song.  And of course the instrumentals are always good.
The entrance of GREEDY EMOTION immediately draws me in so right off the bat I'm listening intently. Unfortuately, I think this is the best part of the song, I'm disappointed the song sounds too cluttered to me. I do like that they keep the electronic riff as an undertone throughout the song, and the chorus is pretty decent. The vocals don't stand out enough against the music I can barely differentiate between the two except at the chorus.
Ahhhh....because I like Sadie so much, it actually pains me to say this. But as much as I wanted this to be a great single it just wasn't. It only deserves a C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment