Monday, December 31, 2012

My Top 10 J-Rock Songs of 2012


THE RUNNER UPS:
 
#17. Kiyoharu- Yesterday
#16. Black Gene for the Next Scene- Namida -khz
#15. Luna Sea- The End of the Dream
#14. -Oz- Succubus
#13. D.I.D.- Until the Day I Die
#12.ViViD- REAL
#11. Angelo- RIP


THE TOP TEN:
 
#10. AND- Muyuu no Kago

 
#9. D=Out- Music Nippon
 
#8. THE MICROHEAD 4N's- Hello My Clone
 
#7. The GazettE- Yoin
 
#6. EAT YOU ALIVE- Lily
 
#5. D- Dying Message
 
#4. MEJIBRAY- Emily
(I had a really hard time picking a top song from Mejibray, it came down to this and Sabbato)
 
#3. Para:noir- Nihilism
 
#2. NEGA- 虚しき「生」の寓意≒「死」の真意
 
#1. A (エース)- Elementa Alchemica
(I've only been able to listen this a couple times all the way, it is 40 minutes long, but this song is AMAZING!!)
 
 
What were some of your top songs for the year???

2 comments:

  1. I agree with some of your picks (especially Emily, Luna Sea and Black Gene for the Next Scene), but I've yet to listen to most of the others.

    Some of my own top tracks for the year (limited to 2012 Japanese releases) are (in alphabetical order):
    + 12012: Fortitude
    + 88 Kasyo Junrei: 霊界ヌ〜ボ〜♨
    + Alice Nine: Apocalypse [It's Not the End]
    + Amber Gris: Rosy
    + Angelo: Calvary
    + Asian Kung-Fu Generation: Sore de wa, Mata Ashita
    + Coldrain: Six Feet Under
    + Exist Trace: Sora
    + Heavenstamp: Carnival
    + Oz: Stigma
    + Plastic Tree: Piano Black
    + Screw: Die Killer Dead

    I've also enjoyed many great Non-Japanese releases, and discovered lots of older music that's just as good... So it was a pretty good year overall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of your choices are fantastic!!
      I had a really hard time narrowing down my choices, so much music has been released this year. I was actually on the fence choosing a top song from Angelo, Calvary was neck and neck with RIP for me. And I can't believe I left out Alice Nine!!! Apocalypse [It's Not the End] is a great track!

      Delete