Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Review: Para:noir- Identity

Tracklist:
1. Identity
2. Irony

Identity- Great introduction! The rythm guitar is really powerful and I enjoy the electronic sounding aspects of this song a lot. The drumline throughout this song is also pretty crazy.........in a good way. Although I actually had to listen really carefully (several times) to make sure the drumline was actually what I was pulling out and not some synthesizer beat. This song isn't exactly fantastic but there are quite a few interesting and unique things about it, and that makes me really enjoy this song. For example: the background vocals, the drumline and the addtion of several overlayed synth beats and sounds, also the guitar solo from 2:08 to 2:20 is very nicely done. I wouldn't normally condone this much synth but this actually all sounds extremely nice together.

Irony- This guitar riff reminds me of some American alternative rock band riff (like.......well I can't think of anyone but basically some crappy band I wouldn't listen to), I do like how it flows from that into a more progressive riff at 10 secs in, I especially love the differentiation at 18 secs. One thing I can say for Para:noir is that the guitar (especially the solos) is always superb. There are a lot of little parts of this song that I enjoy, but as a whole I think this song is almost out of character for Para:noir. Identity is definitely the better song.


While I don't particularly love this single, I do actually like it. The title track (Identity), after listening to it a few times, has actually grown on me, and I really enjoy it. And I would say this is at least 10x better than the RED in the Monochrome, for me, so you know.....I'm happy about that.

My Grade: B, 3.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment