Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Versailles- Philia

Tracklist:
1. Philia
2. Judicial Noir
3. Desert Apple

Philia- This is basically classic Versailles. I don't think I've ever heard a bad song by Versailles, and you know this is a pretty good one. The vocals are great, the instrumentals are, of course, fantastic, and the song has a nice flow.  Do I absolutely love it? No. I kept waiting for something different to jump out at me and grab my attention. There were really only a couple parts of this song that stood out for me:
 1. 3:09 to 3:15, I very much enjoy the drums here, there is also a small electronic sounding effect in the background that really plays up the drum and guitar parts.
2. 4:29 to 4:47, is this a keyboard? It sounds wonderful lying underneath the other instruments, and really makes everything else sound that much more powerful. 
3. 5:11 to pretty much the end of the song, all of Versailles guitar is amazing, but this the best played guitar in Philia.

Judicial Noir- I am ecstatic about this introduction, all around, the instrumentals here are again fantastic! And I am in love with this chorus, especially the drum line. I love Kamijo's voice, this is my favorite vocal track on Philia, no question at all.
 Best vocals: 3:40 to 3:50, the held out note underneath upfront vocals, the sound is epic.....my ears are in orgasmville.

Desert Apple- Interesting intro., I honestly wasn't expecting this song to be this hardcore sounding, from the title I was thinking something more romantic, and then moving into that beautiful guitar riff at 1:05. I think this is the second time my ears have orgasmed tonight. I do enjoy a good instrumental song and this is the greatest non-vocal track I've heard in a long time. You know usually, unless you're Joe Satriani, I can't sit through a whole instrumental track.....I need my lyrics! But this sound is magical, and it makes me feel all fuzzy.......I want to put this on repeat and listen to it over and over again! Essentially, this song is sublime, BEST SONG ON PHILIA!!!!!


My Grade: A+, 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment