Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Lin -the end of corruption world- Silent To My Pain


Tracklist:
1. Silent To My Pain
2. Call Back

Silent To My Pain- Truthfully, this is the first time I've actually listened to Lin, but damn am I impressed!This song is seriously AWESOME!!!! I love everything about this song except for the part where he actually sings "silent to my pain", and even that is starting to grow on me. Now I don't really see a need for the opening but nevertheless the piano and breaking glass sound very nice. However, when it jumps into the "real intro" is when it gets good, and I just absolutely adore the main guitar riff!  The drum beat/ rythm that carry the song, are very aggressive but still progress smoothly.  Really, there are two choruses to this song, the first I'm going to call the pre-chorus and the second would be the main chorus in which Riku is actually singing "silent to my pain". To be honest I prefer the pre-chorus, but both are extremely catchy and because of that I've had this song stuck in my head about two weeks straight. My favorite part: 2:49 to 3:12, the guitar riff and solo here are magnificent! Oh, and I really love the ending to this song, everything from 4:54 on, is to die for, especially Riku's vocals.

Call Back- The intro to this reminds me of something I've heard before, like music to a western movie mixed with an 80's pop song. This moves right into the harder beat of the song and I enjoy how the inro is kept as an undertone. Check out: 1:07 to 1:20, this guitar solo seems to be placed strategically, it is not the normal position for a guitar solo, but I like it!! The chanting underneath the vocals is placed nicely as well. I can't say that I enjoy Riku's vocals as much here as I did in Silent To My Pain, they aren't as expressive. I love the second guitar solo, 2:25 to 3:00. Fuck! This is great, best part of the entire song, even better than the previous songs'. There is an interesting change in the tune/rythm of Call Back at 3:09, which I'm not too fond of, that is until the main instruments come back in at 3:20, which sounds amazingly nice together.

Oh, I'll defintely be listening to more of these guys!

My Grade: A, 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment