Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Review: BORN- DOGMA

Tracklist:
1. dogmanism
2. SIX DAMIAN
3. RED DESIRE
4. natsume zakuro
5. gurou
6. Dammit!!!!
7. Dazzling Mob

dogmanism- I'm not normally a big fan of album "opening" songs, but this interesting. To be honest I think they went in the wrong direction by not making this a full track. Two more minutes of dogmanism would have been awesome!

SIX DAMIAN- I like that this song is opened with the bass, I don't hear that often. I'm not quite sure what they're yelling over and over in the first verse, I like it, but would someone be interested in enlightening me? The overlapping vocals from 2:11 to 2:28, well done! SIX DAMIAN is a great song, it ends too soon though, another minute could have easily been added on to this.

 RED DESIRE- I love the main riff in this song......I mean LOVE! and I appreciate that there are some elctronics incorporated into this and throughout the song. I find this song extremely enjoyable, it is super catchy. I adore the chorus, I can't get enough of this whole song honestly. Judging from the first PV preview I saw, I really did not expect to enjoy RED DESIRE this much. But as my brother would say, this is beast!

 natsume zakuro- I'm not really sure where to start with this one..........this song is pretty bitchin'.  My favorite part of this song is without a doubt the first 20 seconds, and there are a lot of different aspects throughout natsume zakuro that make it unbelievably intriguing. The vocals, ranging from high-pitched and girl-like to low and scratchy, and of course throwing in Born's infamous almost chanting yells/screams, are all superb! The guitar here also is fantasic, but it is almost as if you have to listen really closely in order to actually follow the guitar line. I can't complain though, everything is done so well.

gurou- I love the chorus and the guitar riff in this is fantastic, too bad it is barely audible because it is underlying to everything else. Actually the guitar playing in general is......well there are some awesome licks during this song, check out 2:15 to 2:28, that is seriously skilled. Fuck! I love this, I really do. I think this might be my favorite song on this mini-album or at least a close second to natsume zakuro.

Dammit!!!!- This doesn't really strike me as a song that should be called Dammit!!!! From the title I suppose I was expecting something a little more aggressive. Or all around agressive, something more like Mosaic [Black Theory Mania] I guess is what I was expecting. Anyway, I do thoroughly enjoy this song! Born is one of the only bands that I can actually say I look forward to hearing them scream during a song.

Dazzling Mob- I like this too! Great punching guitar opening and rythm, slightly speed metal-esque. I think I've mentioned this before but I'm a sucker for whispered vocals, so I love that aspect of this song. Also, the yelling bits that Born is so fond of, are once again awesome! I'm not sure what else to say, this whole song is great, enough said.


Damn! Well....ummmmm.....I don't have anything bad to say about this mini-album.......except that a few of these songs are too short. None of these songs even remotely suck, and thus there should be longer versions of them.  Born is fuckin' tops, man! I actually think this whole album might be going in my favorites list. I really like Born more and more every time I hear them. This deserves some major kudos so........I don't know.......perhaps a round of applause is in order?

My Grade: A+, 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment