Sunday, February 6, 2011

Review: Dir en Grey- Lotus

Tracklist:
1. LOTUS
2. Obscure
3. Reiketsu Nariseba[live]

LOTUS- I honestly really like this. The flow is really smooth but at the same time the music itself it really edgy and raw sounding. I very much enjoy Kyo voice here, he keeps a very nice handle on it. It is on a higher pitch than normal without really going falsetto, through the majority of the song that is, he does actually hit a falsetto at 2:40-2:46 (and I must say it is extremely nice). I know this is already a four minute song but I wish it were longer. The only downfall to this song is the ending, it just kind of stops abruptly at the end of a verse, where it could have finished off with some instrumentals or at least a fade off of the chorus.

Obscure- I'm guessing this is a re-made version of Obscure. And I actually really like both versions but I think I might like listening the original slightly more. Though I'm unable to do so when watching the PV, if you've seen it I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Reiketsu Naribseu [live]- It is hard to believe that this is reallly a live, if it weren't for the fact that I can occasionally hear the fans, I wouldn't. It is nice to hear the music take precedence in a recorded live rather than the screaming fans. Well done.

My Grade: A, 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment