Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Review: LOST ASH- overHORIZON

Tracklist:
1. overHORIZON
2. SOUL OF LIBERTY
3. starlight
4. brave

overHORIZON- Honestly, I've loved this song since I first saw the PV preview, which I'd like to point out still has not been fully released, what's up with that? I really like the synth. going on here and the guitar playing is excellent, especially during the solo. I love Daiki's voice, it flows so well with the song and I adore the chorus to this song.

SOUL OF LIBERTY- While I don't particularly love this song, I can't deny that it is done very well. And again the guitar playing..... I love it, I'm a HUGE sucker for a good guitar solo. My least favorite part of this song is.....actually nevermind, I've decided that I like it after all, what can I say sometimes I'm fickle. P.S. Daiki, I love your vocals, they have so much inflection and character.

starlight- I really like this opening riff and the way the drumline brings you right into the main flow of the song. Starlight is a song that has great rythm, especially pre-chorus, and because of that the drumline is really solid and apparent. I also enjoy the small piano bit from 2:53 to 3:10, I would have liked to hear more of this incorporated into the song. Oh! I am in completely in love with the guitar play out ending! Gorgeous!

brave- Yay! I love a decent length intro. The instrumentals in this song are excellent! The best on this single by far. The bass and drums are great and this guitar player......Damn! Show I'm in love with you! Check out: 3:05 to 3:27. Truly awesome!

I'd really like to say, I'm surprised that LOST ASH doesn't have more of a following. They're pretty fuckin' great!

My Grade: A, 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment