Sunday, September 11, 2011

Review: Alice Nine- Heart of Gold

Tracklist:
1. Heart of Gold
2. Ray
3. Haikara Naru Rinbu Kyoku


Heart of Gold- While I don't particularly love this song, I don't think I could ever say that an Alice Nine song is bad, because well, let's face it, I don't think that will ever happen. Heart of Gold basically gives off the idea that it's an "inspirational" song, which makes me feel it's kind of sickly sweet. Nevertheless, we'll move on to the good points. The song is obviously well constructed, the main riff and lyrics are memorable, and the instrumentals are unmistakably good. There is no denying that this is a good song, however, I don't think this song hit me the way it should have, I was waiting to come across something new or interesting, but the only thing that really struck me at all was 1:52 to 2:17. And this is the best part of the song for me. I like the screaming vocals placed in the background, probably because this differentiates so much from the normality of the song, and I also really enjoy the drum line here.


Ray- I definitely like this song more than Heart of Gold, I find it much more interesting and gripping, and I'm also much more impressed instrumentally. The entire rhythm section is great and I really enjoy the mixture of guitar parts. If I wanted to I could most likely pinpoint about 20 or so fantastic measures of music, but honestly I feel like that would take a little to much effort right now, so I'll just point out a few that I'm really pleased with. First, the whole introduction up to about 43 seconds in, there is a wonderful rhythm line here and the combination of bass guitar and lead guitar flow really well. Second, underneath that chorus is a great guitar riff, along with a short electronic part that also appears later on in the song. And third, I'm an extreme bass solo buff (I truly believe bass players should get more credit), so I'm very happy about 2:22 to 2:29, also right before this at 2:19 is a very well done drum line, courtesy of Nao. So, three thumbs up Alice Nine.

Haikara Naru Rinbu Kyoku- Dear Alice Nine, Please stop remaking songs that are already great! And they just happen to be some of my favorite songs too, how does that happen? Anyway, it's a decent re-do, I appreciate that you made it longer and added a guitar solo and a bit more bass, and amped up the quality, at least, in general, you didn't change it too much. This is my favorite song on the single, but that's because I already liked it so I'm a bit biased on this one, sorry. That's all I have to say. Oh! and thank you for the great instrumentals and bass solo! I love you, Saga! 


My Grade:  4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment