Monday, October 25, 2010

BORN- BLACK DEAD MUZIC REVIEW

 

Tracklist:
1. Karasu
2. BUZZ
3. White Harmony
4. [B.D.M]

All in all I have to say that this is a really decent mini-album and I thoroughly enjoy all four of these songs.
However, for me I feel that none of the last three singles/mini-albums that they've released have been as good as Felony......the Red Hot Cobra single came pretty close......but Black Dead Muzic,as a whole album, is definitely the best of the last three releases.

I'm going to review this album by going through each song and telling you what I thought of it. Keep in mind this is MY opinion and if you have an opinion about the album or about what I've said then I would love to hear it. I don't mind if you disagree with me, just tell me WHY you disagree with me.

1. Karasu:  In itself is a really good song. It has a catchy riff, great vocals and the back-up almost girly vocals make you want to sing along. Even the screaming parts are "scream-alongable", I've listened to this several times and I can't get enough of it. And finally the band has put out another music video (which, by the way, I've been waiting for since the release of the Felony mv) which is quite interesting, though I think it could have been better, for some reason I'm reminded of Nega's- Neo Destruction video (not really sure why, they don't  really tie in at all).


2. BUZZ:  Compared to the other three songs, this one has the hardest sound. Still very catchy and honestly I think this probably could have been released on its own as a single.

3. White Harmony: Is probably my least favorite song on the album, not that it's a bad song mind you, I just don't like it as much as the others. I think it might actually be the singing of the words "white harmony" from about 2:40- 2:53 that actually turns me off this song. It seems really out of place with the rest of the vocals,  everything else about this song is wonderful, and probably the softest sounding of the bunch.

4. [B.D.M] : After Karasu, this is my favorite song on the album. The rythm of the song is really fast, even the guitar solo is in that same fast rythm without sounding sloppy. Also, I'm a big fan of the chorus, I feel like the song almost gets too repetitive but then it changes. Definitely a great head-banging song.



No comments:

Post a Comment