Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Versailles- Destiny -The Lovers- (Single) Review


Tracklist:
1. Destiny -The Lovers-
2. Glowing Butterfly
3. Libido



I would like to just start off saying that this is a really good single. I've honestly never heard a bad album by Versailles and this is no exception. First off, Destiny is a beautiful song, it has a nice melody and Kamijo's vocals never disappoint me, I think I'm in love with his voice. I always think of Versailles as being musically complicated, because there aren't many bands who give off the same sound or feeling, thus it is hard for me to really describe their music. Glowing Butterfly is my favorite and in my opinion the best song on this single. I would have rather heard this song as the title track than Destiny. There are a lot of variations and depth throughout this song, both musically and vocally. The part I enjoy the most is from about 2:00 to 2:21, that kind of far away sounding vocal is very well done and goes nicely with the bass line. I feel captured by this song, it really speaks to me, and definitely caught my attention right away. Lastly, Libido is a decent song, different from the first two songs but still similar. That is one thing I really enjoy about Versailles' music, they are able to create different aspects to their music while still holding onto the integrity of their original style.

I thoroughly enjoyed this single and would recommend for anyone, whether a Versailles fan or someone who has never listened to them before, to give this single a listen. Versialles has yet to diappoint me and highly doubt that it will happen any time soon.So.......on a graded scale I would give it an A-

No comments:

Post a Comment