Monday, October 25, 2010

Merry- Crisis Moment Single Review


Tracklist:
1. Crisis Moment
2. Fleeting Prayer


Crisis Moment is the most recent single released by Merry on October 6th. I wanted to do this review because honestly I'm not a huge a fan of Merry but.....

1. Crisis Moment: is a FANTASTIC song!!! I loved it the first time I heard it and I still love it now that I've listened to it about 50 times. I don't really want to praise just one or two band members because all around they've really impressed me. The drummer and the guitar player really stand out to me the most. There are parts where the guitar is really subtle and then it hits you with that fast, high riff, even the bassline sounded great. Gara's vocals are outstanding and the high range he reaches during the chorus is something I haven't heard from him before (then again my Merry listening has been limited). I have to say at about 2:45 in Gara lets out a scream that just make my ears orgasm! and it's probably my favorite part of the song.  Truthfully, this song intrigues me enough to make me listen to more of their albums, and to me that is a great song!




2. Fleeting Prayer: I just listened to this song for the first time about 5 minutes ago, so this is a completely fresh opinion and it may change after I've had more of a chance to listen to it. So, first impression, I like it. It is much slower than Crisis Moment, and the song strikes me as tragic (if that makes sense). All the different background vocals add a lot of depth to the song and it makes me feel drawn in. I don't think that Gara's vocals are really shown off enough, and there are times when I wish they were louder, mostly during the chorus. The song's arrangement was done really well, and again I am impressed by the guitar playing here, it is subtle but still powerful.


I would definitely recommend that you give this single a listen and then let me know what you think. So, on the grading system of me being a teacher and this being a homework assignment, I would give it an A, that's like a 95% or 4 1/2 stars out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment