Saturday, October 30, 2010

Review: Karasu- Free (single)

Karasu- Free (single) released 10/27/2010

Tracklist:
1. Free
2. Mr. Shadow


Well......I don't particularly love it, but I really WANT to like it. Free is a much better song than Lastica I'll give it that, and I do think that the preview video and song clip did not do this song justice. It has quite the catchy hook and I adore Hiroto's guitar playing, though I think the main riff may be too repetitive at times. I really enjoy the softer part of this song when the piano becomes involved, also I think Tatsuro's voice sounds very fluid here.  Has my faith in this "session band" been renewed?? Perhaps........Actually I think YES! But what makes me say this is actually the second song on this single Mr. Shadow, I was pleasantly surprised!
I actually think this should have been the title track, I may be the only one who says so but I honestly think this is the better of the two songs. The chorus is extremely catchy and has a great beat (I would say it is pretty dance-able). Everything about this song is so well done and  it sounds completely different than Lastica or Free. I'm completely hooked, all I have is praise for this song! Its fantastic!
I give the single an A-, but Mr. Shadow gets an A+++.



No comments:

Post a Comment