Sunday, December 12, 2010

Review: Awoi- abelcain [Single]

Tracklist:
1. abelcain
2. beauty
3. Rain
4. Tsumetai Te

MY RATING:  B-, 3.9/5


Abelcain is, for once, a title track that should have been the title track. I've come across many singles where I feel that another song would have been a better choice to represent the band, but this is the best song on this single. I had gotten a taste of the chorus when the PV preview came out about a month ago, and I have to admit after hearing that so many times, the intro. to this song really caught me off guard.Not what I was expecting. Don't get me wrong I appreciate an intro that is longer than 10 seconds, but I think that if you are going to take the time to make a long intro, it would be okay to make the song itself a little longer too, right?.......and after more than a minute and a half into the song I was still wondering when the chorus was going to kick in. The chorus is great, really memorable, I even really enjoy the "pre-chorus". Excellent background vocal parts, there are multiple ones and I love this.
My favorite part of this song: From about 2:33- 2:52, this is a great example of those background vocals I was talking about, and it leads really nicely right back into the chorus.

Beauty is probably my least favorite song on this single. I'm just not one for screaming that I can't really comprehend. Though I do give some major props to the guitar player here because well the playing is fuckin' bad ass. Ex: 1:32-1:52 Awesome!!!

Rain is a decent semi-slow (during the verses) but mostly hard rockin' song. Wonderful, short yet intriguing introduction and the play out at the conclusion of this song.....well I love the guitar player for this. My compliments to Otogi for his vocals, I'm happy to be shown that this guy really sing and hit some major notes. His voice here certainly shows quite a bit of superiority when compared to songs like Beauty.

Tsumetai Te is the next best song on this single or at least my next favorite. I know this is the probably the third time that I talk about Awoi's song intros, but I find these pounding drums and the way it smoothly transitions into the guitar line is really nicely done. Rythmically this song is right on, and I'm in complete adoration of the bass player. (Ex: 2:35- 2:50) It's simple but I love this bass line. I'm also really fond of the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment