Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: Sadie- Juggernaut [Single]

Tracklist:
1. Juggernaut
2. True World


In my opinion, Juggernaut is a better song than -toge- but not quite as good as Cry More (in case you don't know -toge- and Cry More are the title tracks off Sadie's last two singles). Juggernaut is a decently constructed song with a good chorus. To be honest this song reminds me a lot of -toge-. Both have some surprise piano notes thrown in, which I do appreciate, and the two are on the same rythm or in the same melody perhaps, while still being distinguishable next to one another. The most enjoyable part of this song for me is the underlying beat it follows and while this is the heavier of the two songs on the single I do think that, overall, True World is a better song. True World has a beautiful opening and lies on a nice beat. It does seem slightly on the poppy side for Sadie, but even so I find this song really enjoyable and extremely pretty. I like the subtle changes in rythm throughout the song, also the drumline has a quiet marching band feeling to it. Also, props to the guitar player as always. I really really like this song.

My Grade: B+, 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment