Friday, December 17, 2010

Review: The Gazette- PLEDGE [Single]

Tracklist:
1. PLEDGE
2. The True Murderous Intent
3. Voiceless Fear

I hate to say it (and honestly I never thought I would have to) but frankly I'm disappointed in this single. Yes, PLEDGE itself is a beautiful song. Not the best of their ballads, I much prefer Cassis or Guren even Reila, but never the less a beautiful song.  The instrumentals, especially the string section, are great and Ruki always delivers on vocals. Definitely more on the commercialized/mainstream side now that The Gazette is with a larger label. After that though, while of course the songs aren't bad, their consistantly similar tracks are honestly getting on my nerves. The True Murderous Intent has the familiar female vocals that have been present in the last three singles. Actually in that respect this song reminds me of Filth in the Beauty. This is a good song, the chorus is extremely catchy, I do however wish they would get rid of that woman's vocals (maybe thats just me). And again there are those female vocals in Voiceless Fear. Fantastic and really creative guitar playing in this, honestly it is the best part of the song for me, really dynamic and of course there is a decent chorus. I can't lie these songs are all well done and well-written, they're just a little boring and unvarying from one single to the next.  I keep hoping for something more exciting, a little less "sold out" and a lot more "indie label". I have a feeling that The Gazette is maintaining a lot less creative control, which is a bummer. Don't get me wrong I will always be a Gazette fan and I'll always be excited when they release something new, I just want to hear something a little more original, something that is undeniably The Gazette.

I'm really worried about this new album that The Gazette is going to be releasing. Please you guys, release some songs that are out of this zone you're stuck in. PLEASE!

My Rating: B, 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment