Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Review: SADS- Lesson 2 [Mini-Album]

Tracklist:
1. Amaryllis
2. Androgyny Insanity
3. Disco (album mix)
4. Grave
5. Rescue
6. Silly
7. Wasted
8. White Hell

I realize it has taken a while for me to post this and that this mini-album was released a couple weeks ago. However, I've been really busy over the holiday with work and family, so initially I had decided not to do this review but the more I listened to this album the more something just kept irking me......

First off, Wasted reminds me of Johnny Ride by goatbed. Random, I know.

Secondly, I'd just like to get this off my chest so I'm gonna cut to the chase..........Kiyoharu is better than this. And that is no dis on SADS. I'm a big fan. But if I had to choose, I would pick Kuroyume or Kiyoharu by himself anyday. And believe me this is not meant to be offensive so if there are any hardcore SADS fans who are reading this please don't take it the wrong way. I mean anyone who reads this blog on a semi-frequent basis should know that I am a HUGE Kiyoharu fan, and while I'm trying to not be biased I really don't think this album shows off his talents to the extent that it should. It is like comparing Gackt to Malice Mizer, it is just a different style.

That being said this is not a terrible album. In fact, all in all I rather in enjoy it. A few of the songs we've already heard (Androgyny Insanity, Wasted, and Disco) and they have PVs and those are all pretty decent songs. But I have to say my personal favorites off this mini-album are Grave and Rescue....oh and Silly is a great song as well.

So, YES I did enjoy this album (kudos to the guitar player) but I stand by what I said. Kiyoharu is more creative and talented than SADS allows him to be.

My Grade: B+, 3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment