Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Review: Plastic Tree- Mirai Iro [Single]

Tracklist:
1. Mirai Iro
2. Paper Plane
3. Moonlight ――――。(Live)


Mirai Iro (Future Colors) is classic Plastic Tree. I've never heard anything from them that i didn't enjoy, and this is no exception. It's great! I would say that this single is a bit more pop sounding than normal, if you compare it to their last single Moonlight ――――。, which has their softer sound but still has a lot of  hard rock components. It is hard for me to really describe Plastic Tree's music because they are so multi-demensional, and I feel more than one emotion when I listen to them. Plastic Tree is down tempo without being down tempo and upbeat without being upbeat. That makes no sense, but there it is, I've said it and it is done.
If you're a Plastic Tree fan (like me, obviously) or even if you're not, this is definitely worth listening to. I do wish I could hear more of the band during the Moonlight ――――。live, rather then the fans though.

My Rating: A, 4.7/5

2 comments: