Sunday, December 12, 2010

Review: Deathgaze- Bliss Out [Album]

Since this is such a long album, even containing a second disc I shortened this review up by simply posting my quick notes on each song and giving my rating on the album.

Tracklist:

Disc 1
1. God Bless You
2. Crash Down
3. Blood
4. My Doped Brain & Skin is Dead
5. Iridize Dream
6. Sorrow
7. Children
8. Undead Fact
9. Six Black Nine
10. Grace
11. Bliss Out Yourself

Disc 2
1.miscarriage
2. killing floor
3. Faze Human, Raze Human
4. proof
5. gethsemane
6. Mr. Freaks
7. The Fist (Bonus Track)

MY RATING: A, 4.5/5
My Favorites: God Bless You, Sorrow, Grace, Proof, Gethsemane, The Fist
My Least Favorites: Crash Down


DISC 1
God bless you- great,catchy chorus, possibly my favorite song
Crash Down- too long for its own good, not very catchy
Blood- from previous single, has PV, i like it, instrumentals are great and i like the chorus and background vocals, very fond of Ai's voice here
My Doped Brain & Skin is Dead- great drum line and beat, impressive guitar, hard hitting riff, Ai's voice brings a softer side to even an agressive song
Iridize Dream- Notice a slight electronic undertone,seems to be a bit on the romantic side especially during verses, great bass line (unfortunately it is almost hidden but if you listen closely, you'll hear it), sometimes the singing reminds me of Dearest (which is one of my favorite songs)
Sorrow- also from a previously released single and has PV, Wahhh! Piano. I love the bits they throw in, it really adds something different and special, instrumentally this song is fantastic, major credit to Takaki for the beautiful guitar solo, also love the fade out that ends the song
Children- hate the robotic alien voice, like the quiet laughter and speaking parts, really hard drum line, not my favorite song but there is something about it I really like.
 Undead Fact- The actual singing part of this song is really pretty, not much for the screaming verses though, again Takaki....amazing guitar playing (not just at solo but the soft part too), great drum line
Six Black Nine- good bass line and riff but other than that this song is kind of boring, decent vocals I enjoy the falsetto
Grace- A soft song? I'm in love with the staccato/delayed piano notes, very pretty, amazing transition into the guitar solo, also love that the piano is kept as an undertone even through the heavier part of this song, only downfall is the predictable drumline
Bliss Out Yourself- Love this intro even the screams, i wish they had done something a little different with the piano parts, this just sounds like a continuation of Grace, I do love this guitar riff and the background screams though


DISC 2
Miscarriage- The intro. has my attention, I'm intrigued.....and this is a decent song nothing more, nothing less.
Killing Floor- My favorite thing about this song is the guitar solo, has a good drum and vocal rythm. The song is too short I would've like to hear more.
Faze Human, Raze Human- I really like these vocals especially during the 1st and 2nd verses, they sound heavy and dark. Takaki you are...AMAZING! I can't get enough of these guitar solos.
Proof- Interesting. Love, love, love this introduction and these soft vocals. Fantastic! This is without a doubt the best song on this entire album for me.
Gethsemane- Am I hearing a little synth. action? I think so. Inspiring, I wish Deathgaze had incorporated this into the song a little more (you only hear it once more I believe). Great chorus. I almost felt this song needed a bit more variation but about halfway through the song the drum and bass line really changed my mind. (Ex: 3:14- 3:28 and this moves beautifully into the guitar solo).
Mr. Freaks- it is a good song, nothing that I particularly love or find special about it but still a good song. To be honest, lyrically I find this song a little funny.
The Fist (Bonus Track)- Eh another screaming song, is my first thought....but this has a nicely haunting bass and I love the whispering and strangled screams. I actually have an intense need to make this song longer.



Overall, Bliss Out is a fantastic album!
If you don't have this already, support Deathgaze and BUY THIS ALBUM!!!
It is totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment