Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review: Aim- LOST VOICE

Tracklist:
1. LOST VOICE
2. Hysteric Liar

If Deluhi and Born got together and popped out some not quite as melodically talented offspring......well, Aim would be it.......

LOST VOICE- Ummmm I don't know, LOST VOICE is a decent song, the guitar line is great, and the chorus is acceptable/relatively catchy. I'm not entirely fond of Rei's voice, it has character (which I appreciate), I'll give it that. Truthfully, I don't really have a lot to say about this song, again it is decent but not terrific. I feel it is a little lacking. In what? I'm not sure.

Hysteric Liar- I don't think I've ever heard a solo bass opening, nicely done. And the ascending/descending guitar....lovely. Rei's voice has completely changed here, almost sounds like a different person. The best thing about this song for me is that bass line and I must admit Aim has an extremely talented guitar player. I definitely prefer this song to LOST VOICE. 

 I think that Aim, for the style of music they're playing, is really good. However, I also think they could be better. Right now they're a good band, but they have a ways to go before they're a great band. I'll definitely be checking up on them in future.

My Grade: B-, 3.2/5

1 comment:

  1. Agree, "Hysteric Liar" is definitely a much stronger (and more memorable song) than "Lost Voice". This group has some impressive technical skill, and I can't wait to hear what they put out next.

    ReplyDelete