Monday, January 17, 2011

Review: Suicide Ali- Perpetual Check [Single]

Tracklist:
1. Double Check
2. Perpetual Check
3. 僕という有害な要素 (Retake)


Double Check- Nice bass rythm and I really like the snyth. effects that are playing underneath the music. However, I do think this song is slightly messy, if this were cleaned up a bit it would probably be a pretty decent song. Also, the vocals blend in too much with the music, it's so lost in the chaos of notes and sound effects that they barely have any impression on the listener.

Perpetual Check- I really like this opening and how the vocals (which in my opinion are the best on this single) are much more apparent than the previous song. However, I still wish the vocals were a bit more distinguishable from the music especially at the chorus. This also has quite a bit more catch to it. The keyboards (I think) are a nice additive to this song, though maybe they could be turned down a bit more. That would enable them to really stand as an undertone rather than being so in your face.

僕という有害な要素 (Retake)- I actually really like this. Great rythm and the guitar parts of this are reallly nice. Again though, as with the other songs, though I do quite this keyboard/synth. technique they're so into, most of the time it seems like it is taking over the song. Seriously, if it this was turned down slightly or perhaps if the vocals were more powerful there would be a really nice balance between the instrumentals, vocals, and keyboards. This is my favorite on this single, and if you can actually hear the guitar, it's pretty amazing! 


My Grade: B-, 4.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment