Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Review: Para:noir- the RED in the monochrome

Tracklist:
1. John Doe
2. Foolish Stereotypes
3. Nakushita Ryoute
4. The RED
5. Show time in the [xxx]


John Doe- ..............odd yet interesting opener, hopefully this leads into a great second song........

Foolish Stereotypes- Ehhhhh well first off it is too short but maybe that is a good thing because other than the off the wall guitar riffs/squeals, I don't really hear anything special about this song.

Nakushita Ryoute- Definitely better than the first two! This has some great synthesizer and guitar action and they mix well together. Also, intriguing background vocals, I like it. And I must admit I love when whispering is included in the background. Again though I feel like this song is too short.

The RED- Of course this is the title track off the mini-album, and rightly so, to be truthful this is the best song on here. The RED has the best instrumentals and so far the best vocals as well. I love those guitar squeals, also from 3:28 to 3:43......listen to that guitar, I think that is the some of the more skillful (and probably most overlooked) playing I've heard on this whole album.

Show time in the [xxx]- Is just me or is this intro reminiscent of a Miyavi song........Pop Is Dead, perhaps???? Interesting background vocals, almost robotically enhanced......ugh I'm bored, besides some decent synth. and voice alteration techniques....this song has nothing going for it.


Wow, ummmmm.........so now that I've reached the end of this album disappointment is flooding over me. I'm not impressed. Which frankly sucks because I really, really like Para:noir. The RED is the best song, the others for the most part could be easily diregarded. I was really hoping for something better. I can only wish for the best when it comes to their upcoming releases but hopefully you can only get better from this.

My Grade: D+, 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment