Monday, January 17, 2011

Review: Like Absolute Myself (Lam.)- Hikari to Yami ga Kousasuru Yoru ni

Tracklist:
1. Hikari to Yami Kousasuru Yoru ni
2. Andante
3. WALTZ


Hikari to Yami Kousasuru Yoru ni- I'm in between on this song, I'm on the verge of liking it but I'm not quite there. At the beginning I honestly thought this song was kind of boring but when the chorus comes in I really start to like it. This song has a really nice bass line and  I enjoy the chorus very much. I can actually say that I welcome the screaming parts in this song, and I don't say that often. But the screaming vocals really add some dimension. Best song on this single without a doubt.

Andante- Great rythm, and this opener isn't half bad either. The vocals and intrumentals flow really smoothly together through the verses, and like I said this has a wonderful underlying rythm. Honestly, that is the best part of this song for me. There is a little bit of almost hidden syth. action going on and I wish this were incorporated more. Oh! Something I just discovered......this drum line is fantastic and really suits the song, it's almost ringing in my ears. I love it!

Waltz- It might be an odd thing to notice but this band has consistently nice bass lines. This song is a bit cluttered though, and that is probably the biggest downfall to Waltz. Also, I feel like this song is almost too similar to Hikari to Yami ga Kousasuru Yoru ni, obviously there are quite a few differences but they would flow off one another well. Perhaps the two are on the same rythm.

Honestlly, this single is pretty decent. I've heard better from Lam. and this is no where near my favorite from them, but it's worth listening to.

My Grade: B+, 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment