Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Halsion- Kuchizuke

Tracklist:
1. Kuchizuke
2. MADROID CREATURE
3. GARBAGE


Kuchizuke- I am a huge fan of the main guitar riff to this song. I think that Kuchizuke has quite a nice balance between melody and hard-hitting beats and especially between all the instrumentals, it doesn't seem to favor one over another. The bass line caught my attention immediately, and I enjoy how apparent it is underneath the verses. The guitar parts throughout this song are wonderfully played, of course, the most noticeable being the guitar solo starting at 2:12, but there are several others spots where the guitar really enhances the song. I am also very impressed with the drummer, the best part extending from the beginning of the guitar solo to about 2:53, and is just about my favorite thing about this song. I also really enjoy the the background vocals.

MADROID CREATURE- I'm on the fence with this one. Despite the main riff and chorus being as catchy as they are, I'm not quite in love with this song. I dislike the majority of the vocals, the only exception being the few verses where the vocalist is actually singing, ex: 1:12 to 1:16. One thing that I am very enthusiastic about is how much this song lets the guitar shine. And while the guitar solo from 1:46 to 2:04 is very good, my favorite part of the guitar line remains to be 2:10 to 2:21. Notwithstanding, I wish the guitar were a bit more distinct here, as the bass seems to have the stronger line of the two. MADROID CREATURE is actually growing on me. I may become attached to it yet.

GARBAGE- I dislike this song the most of the three songs on Kuchizuke. Instrumentally, this song is exceedingly good! The best part of this song: 1:16 to 1:53, and it really highlights everything that is great about this song, the guitar, the drums, and especially the bass line are exceptional, I also enjoy the additon of the, more than likely female, and spoken vocals. I cannot express enough how extremely skilled these musicians are, every second an istrument is played within this song, is devine. Other than that, again the only thing that really turns me off this song is the vocals. Now I really like the vocalist, Sasameyuki is a shining example of how good his voice can be, but this just isn't doing it for me. Vocally, this is just a scream song.


My Grade:  3.5/5


Though this has nothing to do with the single, I'll have you know the first time I wrote this, for some reason it didn't save correctly and so I actually had to write this review twice. I was really not happy......Anyway, I more or less enjoyed this single, more people should listen to Halsion, very talented group.

No comments:

Post a Comment