Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review: LuLu- 被験者NO.049

Tracklist:
1. 被験者NO.049 (HIKENSHA NO.049)
2. PSYCHEDELIC LATE SHOW

 
被験者NO.049- First of all, the best part of this song is the lead guitar! There are a couple great riffs throughout and the first couple minutes, honestly, all I really heard was the guitar. Not to mention, the solo from 2:50 to 3:31, as well as the the underlying guitar from 3:42 to 3:50, are both impeccable. There is also some really nice bass and drums accompanying these sequences too. In addition to the skillful instrumentals, the chorus is memorable and Taa is one of my favorite vocalist, I genuinely admire his unique vocal style. I enjoy this song, I definitely think that LuLu hasn't lost their touch.


PSYCHEDELIC LATE SHOW- I quite like the main riff to this song, along with the fact that the rhythm and drum sections are extremely straightforward and fast-paced, while the guitar line and solo are, again, very skilled. I appreciate a good bass line, so I wish the bass here were more apparent, I was really straining to hear it for the majority of the song. Sometimes I was completely unable to pick it out, one of the most discernable parts being 0:24 to 0:33 (you can also hear it fairly well in the second verse), and it would be nice to hear more of that. I'm all for bass solos. This probably isn't as lyrically catchy as 被験者NO.049, but still quite enjoyable and one the best things vocally are the growled or screamed lines during the verses.


It's nice to hear new LuLu, it's been a while.


My Grade:  4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment