Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review: Kuroyume- Heavenly

Tracklist:
1. Heavenly
2. BORN TO BE WILD


Heavenly- It seems as if Kuroyume's title tracks continue to get shorter and shorter, it's hard for me to thoroughly enjoy a song in 2 and a half minutes. However, I do like this track. I wish the music were a bit more involved, but all the same, Kuroyume never really was one for intracacies. My favorite part of this song is, by far, the chorus, I am particularly partial to the guitar part here. I'm also very much fond of the main guitar riff and the electronic sound effects throughout the song, as well as the fast paced drum line. The best instrumentals on this entire single: 1:42 to 1:54.

BORN TO BE WILD- I was really hoping that this wasn't a remake of the Steppenwolf song but........unfortunately it is. *sigh*. To be completely honest, I'm not even a big fan of the original, so I just can't say that I love this. I enjoy the introduction, especially the first 20 seconds or so, when it still doesn't quite sound like it's the same tune. I do appreciate the heavier music style that Kuroyume brought to the song, as well as the addition of some electronic effects. This is just okay for me, it's a decent re-vamping of a classic rock song, nothing more than that.


I don't know......I kind of wish I had more to say.

My Grade:  2.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment